6 Ways to Better Manage Sales Leads — Turning More Prospects into Customers
Establishing a process to better manage sales leads doesn’t have to be complicated. With that being said, here are specific strategies you can use to convert more prospects and ultimately make more sales.
How to Better Manage Sales Leads to Get More Revenue
1. Have a Common Definition of Lead
When does a prospect become a lead? More importantly, when does it become a lead that a salesperson will actually work on? These are questions that need to be answered clearly and communicated to all departments. Having that clear understanding will help both sales and marketing successfully outline the buyers’ journey and targeting strategies. Ultimately, boosting sales effectiveness.
Then, once you’ve figured out when a lead is a good fit for your company, they become a “qualified” lead. These are the people you should focus your sales efforts on.
2. Score and Segment Your Leads
A solid lead scoring system improves the quality of the leads your sales team gets. Simply put, it weighs different factors to evaluate and rank how likely a prospect is to buy from you. From here, you can segment your contacts based on their lead scores. This allows you to isolate contacts in similar demographics and ensures only relevant messages are being sent to each prospect. Ultimately improving the success of your campaigns.
Picking out high-quality leads allows you to focus your resources on your best opportunities and streamlines your team’s performance. Which, in turn, can boost your sales velocity and bottom line.
3. Take Lead Nurturing Seriously
How you nurture your sales leads depends on your customers’ readiness to purchase. Most people aren’t always ready to buy right away. For example, on average, only 27% of leads are qualified to the point where they are sales-ready (Source: MarketingSherpa). The remaining 73% are not there yet. These leads need nurturing.
Building Relationships with Your Prospective Customers
4. Distribute Leads Fast (and Seamlessly)
During the transfer of ownership inside of your organization it’s very important to create a smooth hand-over process. More importantly, the process needs to be done quickly. In fact, data and studies make that very clear. Sales close rates increase drastically if they respond within the first five minutes of receiving a qualified lead. By responding quickly, you set yourself apart from your competitors.
Collaboration Between Departments
5. Treat Prospects as Your Next Lifelong Customer
During the sales process, how you treat your prospects while in the consideration stage can make or break a sale. It essentially gives them a glimpse into what life as YOUR customer could look like. If this experience turns sour, so does the lead. Which is why you need to serve as a valuable resource before they buy. This will help build trust and have a significant impact on your overall success rate. Sales leads are valuable, don’t waste them.
6. Track and Measure Your Team's Efforts
But how will you get those insights? A good CRM platform can help measure and manage every aspect of your sales process. Ultimately turning those data points into strategic decisions.
Need Helping Managing and Engaging Your Leads?
Take Full Control of Your Leads!
[Contact us directly at (612) 455-7100 or toll-free at (888) 326-6118]
In this blog, we dive into the most effective ways to consistently engage and qualify your inbound leads — Ultimately, transforming them into more revenue.read more
Stop losing leads! In this post, we dive deeper into what you could be doing wrong and how to make the corrections necessary to improve your process…read more
Subscribe to Our Awesome Monthly Newsletter
Get the best sales & marketing content sent right to your inbox!